AX is only a few days away and as expected most of who are attending are getting ready for it. If you are one of those who are planning on attending, here are a few helpful links that might help you:
- LACC (Los Angeles Convention Center) Map and LACC Anime Expo Map – It’s a layout of the LACC, it makes it easier to find out where the halls are, and it also makes it less likely that you will get lost if you have a quick glance at it. The second map has a more complete and detailed look if you plan to attend other events during AX.
- Preparation For Anime Expo 2009 (Hello!Online Thread) – An extremely useful link for those who are going to the Morning Musume concert, it has some information on the chants of some recent songs, try and practice them and remember that some songs don’t have chants and that you have to be quiet during MC’s and slow songs.
- JapanFiles Information Thread – This thread has the information on the schedule and some more info on rules and guidelines, remember to review them carefully.
- Full Morning Musume AX Schedule Released By JapanFiles – A post I did some time ago that has the schedule, rules, and guidelines that JapanFiles has posted, it also has some more information posted on H!O such as: information on the two giveaways JapanFiles is having, a preview of the autograph ticket, and some recommendations. It’s basically the info on the JapanFiles forum plus info posted on H!O in a post, some of you might find it very useful.
I would also like to make a recommendation:
Buy your merchandise early – There is a limit to the number of autograph tickets that will be given (300 for Morning Musume, 150 for Hangry) so buy your stuff as soon as possible.
There are another two sessions from AX but these are time limited and the autographs will end as soon as the specified time is over, regardless of line. if you have one of the 300 tickets you are guaranteed an autograph so try and get one of those tickets because they will run out fast.
Remember this is Morning Musume’s first concert in the US, try and make it a memorable one. The links and information posted here are to help fans plan out the event and make it as stress free by having everything already planned out.
Review the times of the events and have an idea of where everything is, this makes it much easier and makes you less likely to get lost.
Unfortunately not all fans can go (including me, and makes it worse is that my birthday is the same week as AX), so try and represent the rest of US fans, we want them to leave with a good impression. Remember to follow the directions of staff (JapanFiles, JpopHouse, AX or UFA).
Remember the event times and the layout of LACC and you will have no trouble finding your way, if you do get lost or have a question ask the AX or JapanFiles staff, if you want to ask a question related to Morning Musume it’s better to ask the JapanFiles staff or Morning Musume fans (there will be some who are easily distinguishable because of the forum shirts) since they are the most likely to know of the subject.
There many meet-ups planned among the forums for fans, the most known is the Hello! Party, visit the forums for information on some meeting they might be having. If you are picking up your badge do so as soon as you can (I believe it starts on Wednesday which is Day 0 for preregistered attendees). Pack everything you may need, bring cash (don’t rely only on your credit card), practice your wota chants and remember to have fun!
If you have a question you can post on the thread for AX on Hello! Online HERE, this will most likely give you the fastest response. Like always the schedule is subject to change, check the JapanFiles forum or visit their booth on Thursday or Friday for the most up to date information.
Edit: If you plan on attending the Hello! Party, HERE are some updates and information such as how to arrive and where exactly the venue for the party is (Thanks to FrozenPenguin @ H!O for posting the update)
EDIT Quick reminder (thanks to Amped-Echoz for list):
- –Badge Pick-up: West Hall B
- –Main Event Ticket Booth: West Hall Lobby
- –Opening Ceremonies: West Hall A
- –Morning Musume and Tsunku Q&A Panels : Petree Hall
- –MM Concert: West Hall A
- –Merchandise : EXHIBIT HALL Letter J – Hello Project booth, JapanFiles Booth
- –Morning Musume and Hangry Autograph sessions : Hello Project Booth
And HERE is a link to the overall map of the LACC, if you are attending remember the location of the halls to make it easier to locate something. And HERE are instructions from the AX website on how to get to AX.
EDIT: There will be NO assigned seating for the concert, so lining up early on day 0 to get tickets is POINTLESS. youll just need to line up early for the actual concert. If you still wanna get there early to get badges and tickets though, line will be allowed to form at 9AM at the top of the stairs at West Hall B. All this info comes straight from Brian who is in charge of Registration for AX. (tenkei @ JPHIP)
Not that sure on that info, but it doesn’t hurt to arrive a bit early and ask someone about it. They will not allow you to line up until 9am and they won’t start handing out badges until 3 pm. Also it was confirmed that Morning Musume will arrive in LA at 11:00 AM (they were confirmed to have boarded the plane that arrives at LAX at 11 from Japan).
Terminal: Tom Bradley Intl
Arrival Time: 11:20, Wednesday 1 July 2009
Travel Time: 10hrs
UPDATE: Morning Musume arrived today at LAX, you can check out a post I did with some videos HERE. Also here is an important update about the ticket situation:
guys this is a confirmation from ax staff, there is assigned tickets for the concert. You don’t have an assign seat, but assigned row. Front row seats are out of the question due to actual VIP seating for tsunku and such.
Source: Kurisu @ H!O