Jun Jun (ジュンジュン)
- Real Name: Li Chun (李純)
- Nicknames: Junko
- Birthdate: February 11, 1988
- Birthplace: Yueyang, Hunan Province, China
- Height: 168 cm
- Blood Type: O
- Instruments: 2 years of piano
- Hobbies: Singing, Acting, Dance, Music, shopping
- Favorite Food: Spicy Food (especially curry), Banana, Ice, Yakiniku
- Other Languages: English (Beginner Level)
- Favorite Artists: Wayne Lin Jun Jie, Cyndi Wang
- Skills: Piano, making people laugh
- Motto: Even if it’s hard, don’t give up on your chosen path. Keep on walking, and with great effort, you’ll surely create a miracle.
- Favorite words: Smile
- Favorite colors: White, pink, black, red
- Instruments: 2 years of piano
- Foreign languages: English (Beginner level)
In 2006 Jun Jun participated in the Super Girl contest (and made it into the top 50, but did not win).
After losing the contest, Japanese producer Tsunku had contacted her, along with other Super Girl contestants who had also failed, and held an audition for Morning Musume in Beijing, China, that was even kept from the members themselves.
On March 15, 2007, Jun Jun (along with Lin Lin) was officially announced to be joining the eighth generation of Morning Musume as a “foreign student”. Tsunku believes that she and Lin Lin will be key for Morning Musume’s planned expansion into Asia in 2007.
Three days later, on March 18, she made her Japanese television debut on Hello! Morning. Within the same week, she moved to Tokyo, Japan.
Her first stage appearance took place during Morning Musume leader Yoshizawa Hitomi”s graduation concert on May 6, 2007 at Saitama Super Arena.
On July 2009 it was revealed that Jun Jun would be part of Zoku Biyuuden along with Michishige Sayumi and Sugaya Risako.
After Morning Musume’s appearance at the Shanghai 2010 Expo Jun Jun along with fellow Morning Musume member Lin Lin, Berryz Koubou member Natsuyaki Miyabi and former Morning Musume member Kusumi Koharu formed a unit which will perform in Shanghai on June 22 – 23. The units name will be revealed at their performance.
On 8/8 it was announced that Jun Jun, along with Kamei Eri and Lin Lin were to graduate from Morning Musume and Hello! Project at the end of Morning Musume’s Concert Tour 2010 ~Rival Survival~ tour on 12/12.
Jun Jun will continue to sing and be a talent in China after her graduation.
- When she entered Morning Musume her Japanese level was really limited, but now she has improved notably
- Participated in a beauty contest in Yueyang (her home town) in 2005, and won second place. During the contest she said she wanted to become a singer and admitted to practicing 2 hours a day.
- Before entering Morning Musume her favorite member was Michishige Sayumi.
- As shown on Haromoni@, she loves bananas and will do anything for them.
- Her favorite artists include Wayne Lin, Jun Jie, and Cyndi Wang.
- She is at beginner level in English.
- In recent concerts, she would often argue with Kusumi Koharu during MC corners. Kusumi had stated, however, that it was these MC corners that broke the ice between them as they previously did not talk much outside of work.
- She and Tanaka Reina share a close relationship. They will often go out alone together (on what Junjun has jokingly referred to as dates) and Junjun stated in a DVD magazine that she feels like Tanaka’s “boyfriend”.
- Junjun enjoys being “gross”, and often asks “Am I gross?” or “Was that gross?” after doing something humorous.
- At 19 years old, Junjun is noted as being the oldest girl to enter Morning Musume since Fujimoto Miki, who was nearly 18 years old at the time.
- Often sends long emails to Michishige Sayumi.
- Competed in a beauty contest held in Yueyang, her hometown, in 2005, and placed second. During the contest she expressed her dream of becoming a singer and stated that she practiced around two hours each day.